MicroHero ∙ Mobile App
Conceptualized, researched, designed, developed and launched the iOS app MicroHero.
- Formed team of 1 designer, 1 full-stack developer and 1 front-end web developer.
- Engaged more than 4.5k web app users during 4-week beta period.
- Launched with targeted publicity driving ~2k iOS app users in 22 days with $0 budget.
- Users answered ~37k questions in 15 days generating ~$2k of donations to 65 charities
Cookery ∙ Mobile App
Business, Product, & Marketing Strategy
Partnered and developed the iOS app Cookery that has been downloaded ~11k times and has generated ~$44k of gross revenue in the 150 days since launch.
- Designed marketing strategy resulting in #1 ranking in Food & Drink in the iTunes Store.
- Created product roadmap and secured partnerships for exclusive content outside of MVP.
Against All Grain ∙ Website
Head of Product & Business Strategy
Led the design and build of the ~2.5m/mos. pageview food blog againstallgrain.com.
- Managed team of designer and developer to build innovative single-column-layout blog increasing pages per session by ~12% and decreasing bounce rate by ~17%.
- Re-engineered the sites’ ad strategy and implementation; eliminated 50% of the above the fold ads and increased ad revenue by 85%.
Trov ∙ Mobile App
General Counsel and Product Associate
Managed the legal team, honed business strategy, and found my calling to build great products.
- Influenced key executives to pursue a mobile-first strategy resulting in Trov for iOS.
- Ideated new features, created wireframes, ran engineering proof-of-concepts and presented to executives with 2 key features successfully adopted into the product.
- Filed 2 patents; registered 3 trademarks; managed 2 rounds of funding totaling $5.6m; conducted copyright clearance; and negotiated data licensing deals with Zillow, Kelly Blue Book and Title365.
- Engaged Microsoft Excel ninja skills to assist in budgeting, capitalization table management and financial modeling.
Senior Associate, Associate, Analyst
Recruited as employee #1 at boutique alternative-energy firm focused on emerging markets.
- Closed over $10m in equity financing and $12m in debt financing for select hydroelectric projects in Chile.
- Personally negotiated $12m in mezzanine term sheets for a hydroelectric engagement.
- Identified $45m in equity financing for Joule Chile, as well as $20m in Series B financing for Joule Africa.
University of California Hastings College of the LAw
Juris Doctorate; emphasis on Corporate and International Tax Law; graduated Cum Laude
Researched patent defensibility, and succeeded in refuting asserted patents against large tech companies such as LG Electronics, Rambus, Alacritech and Qualcomm.
University of Southern California
B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering; minor in Business.
Registered US Patent Agent; admitted to the Bar of California in 2010.
Member of the California State Bar Association.